Netherlands Itinerary Consultation
Do you have an outline for your Netherlands vacation, but want to ensure it’s right? Or are you looking for ideas from a local who knows his way around?
Let’s perfect your Netherlands trip together! Even if you think your plans are solid, this call provides that extra layer of confidence and fine-tuning.
I’ll answer all your (remaining) questions and provide valuable tips based on my local experience.
Table of Contents
What is a Netherlands Itinerary Consultation?
In a private 30-minute video call, I’ll answer all your Amsterdam and Netherlands travel questions, helping you save research hours and giving tips that are hard to know/find if you’re not local.
Organizing the perfect trip often involves juggling activities, travel times, and adjusting to new time zones. It’s easy to make mistakes. I help streamline your existing outline.
Example questions you can ask are:
- Did I allow for enough time for my planned activities?
- Would you recommend the same order of activities?
- Should I go to the Museums? If so, which ones, why, or why not?
- What is the best way to get around during my trip?
- Is it safe to take the train/public transportation?
- Is my itinerary too empty or too full?
- Did we choose well for [fill in topic]?
- What neighborhood to stay in? Do you have a hotel recommendation?
- Can you give me off-the-beaten-track suggestions? (yes, I can!)
These are just examples. You can ask me anything about your trip during this call. And I will give feedback and tips for the plans you already have.
Why Book an Itinerary Consultation?
- Peace of Mind: Knowing your plans are solid and free from common oversights.
- Local Advice: An opportunity to ask a local expert questions.
- Get Ideas: I can help generate ideas you might not have considered before.
- Get local recommendations (accommodation, restaurants, activities, and more)
- Optimize timing: optimal timing for museums, events, and jetlag.
- Avoid Tourist Traps: Enjoy experiences worth your time.
- Honest Feedback: If I spot issues, I will bring them up. I’ll be direct but helpful.
What Is This Call Not?
This call is not a full itinerary planning service. It’s perfect for a 2nd opinion (optimizing your current plans and or generating ideas), tips, and receiving feedback.
If you do not want to create a (rough) itinerary yourself, my Custom Itinerary Service is a better match. I will then do all the research for you, with your preferences in mind, and make sure everything flows.
If you’re in doubt, I recommend booking this Itinerary Consultation first (if you decide to upgrade to the custom itinerary service later, the amount paid for the call will be deducted from the fee).
Not Sure If This Consultation Is For You?
You can book a free 15-minute call to discuss your needs and concerns. This free 15-minute session is not meant to ask direct travel questions but is a chance to meet me in person and ask if this service is the right fit for you.
What Does It Cost?
A 30-minute call costs €99. Additional 30-minute blocks can be purchased for half price during or after the call when needed.
What is included?
- I’ll Review your current itinerary or ideas and prepare notes for our call.
- A 30-minute one-on-one online video call session with me.
- A written summary of our conversation, including (booking) links.
- The call recording: you can re-watch our conversation at leisure before your trip.
- A €50 off voucher for a Private Tour with me.
If there are unused minutes, you can use them for a follow-up call before departing. Perfect for follow-up questions and last-minute adjustments.
Who am I? Why Work With Me?
I cannot thank Gerrit enough for his incredibly detailed help with planning our special 30th anniversary trip just after Christmas through NYE. We had two 30 minute video calls as I made our plans, which have been invaluable for booking ahead (essential) but he also has so many special ideas we would never have come up with on our own.
For each day during our 5 days to Amsterdam I have used his advice and followed links to reserve restaurants, a local cooking experience, museums, all transportation, a canal experience during the Light Festival, etc.
Gerrit, it has been a pleasure to meet you virtually so far, but it also feels like our family already has a friend in Amsterdam before we even depart the US. I’m just astonished by your care and attention to all of our preferences when you gave your recommendations.Lisa and Ben, Newburyport, MA USA
Book Your 1-1 Itinerary Consultation 📅
30-minute Video Call – €99
- Ask me any (remaining) questions about your trip to the Netherlands.
- Thirty minutes is a good length for stays of up to two to a maximum of three days. You can extend your call (or book follow-up) calls at €50 per 30 minutes.
- Any time left can be used for a follow-up call just before your trip for last-minute questions and current event updates like changes in the weather, etc.
- You will receive a recording of our call and a summary of everything discussed.
Unsure about booking? Feel free to schedule a complimentary 15-minute call or email me for any inquiries about the call’s suitability for your needs. This option is intended for general queries, not specific travel advice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) 💡
Will you plan my entire itinerary?
No, but I’ll help you refine your plans.
During an itinerary consultation, I clarify your ideas and provide the information you need to improve your itinerary. If you’re comfortable creating your plans, a call like this is likely all you need.
Are you looking for a full itinerary?
If you prefer a fully planned itinerary, I offer a separate service that includes day-to-day plans, location-specific suggestions, weather alternatives, built-in rest periods, nearby places to eat, etc. This service comes at a different price point. Learn more about my custom itinerary service.
If unsure, you can book a free 15-minute consultation call with me to discuss what fits best.
How do I pay for my call?
You can securely pay for your 1-1 “tune-up” call through our online booking system by Stripe. You can start your booking process above.
Can I reschedule my call?
Yes, you can re-schedule your call up to 24 hours before the scheduled time, free of charge. To do so, there is a re-schedule link in your confirmation e-mail. If you need to reschedule within 24 hours, there is a re-scheduling fee of €25.
What if I have more questions after our call?
You can book another session if you have additional questions after our session. Special reduced pricing is available for follow-up calls.
Is this coaching call suitable for first-time and repeat visitors to the Netherlands?
Absolutely! Whether you’re a first-time visitor or have been to Amsterdam before, my 1-1 calls are tailored to suit your needs and help you make the most of your Netherlands vacation.
Can you help me with other European destinations during our call?
The primary focus for our call is the Netherlands. But I can provide general advice on nearby European destinations, like tickets and modes of transportation, and general ideas on things to do. Think Bruges, London, or Paris. However, it is best to consult a local travel expert specializing in those locations if you want more in-depth information, as I can give you for the Netherlands.